The RICO RPP DUO VISION*) system creates a unique connection between a scanner representation of the pipe (fish-eye camera) and the video recordings of our proven pan and tilt camera (10× optical zoom).
*) US Patent, European and US Patent Application
RPP Hybrid Camera
Image 1: RPP Hybrid Camera with both pan and tilt camera (10× optical zoom) and fish-eye camera.
(I) RPP stands for RICO-Picture-Processing. Only RPP® DUO VISION makes the advantageous combination of the following features possbile:
- uninterrupted recording of the sewer (fish-eye camera, approx. 20 cm/s)
- comfortable damage measurement (length, width, surface) by mouse click (with fish-eye, zoom lens, fold-out sewer image)
- the optical zoom lens offers an extremely high resolution compared to the fish-eye lens; the camera can be adjusted extactly in accordance with the respective requirements
- fully automatic joint scan and measurement at the push of a button (10× optical zoom)
- immediate availability of all the results after the inspection conforming to standards (e. g. EN 13508-2)
- multiple inspection comparison also possible after years (fold-out sewer image)
- RICO-Picture-Processing is easy to operate and does not require additional training
Sewer Inspection Software
The zoom recordings (optical zoom of the pan and tilt camera) are real, intuitional as usual and outstanding with regard to their resolution compared to the fish-eye recordings. The recordings show a video, which means runnig water is definitely visible. This system has proven successful and has fulfilled all relevant norms for evaluations for years.
The scanner representation (via the fish-eye lens) noticeably facilitates measurements and delivers complete recordings.
Moreover, the scanner represantation (fold-out sewer image) significantly improves the customer's productivity with regard to administrating, viewing and analysing the recordings. One look is enough to detect and assess the state of a part of the sewer - also when comparing the recordings of several years.
Image 2: Viewer image. Here you can see the intuitional zoom image, the fold-out image of the corresponding part of the sewer with measurements and the complete overwiev.
(II) Note: all the images processed with a software (industrial picture processing, Machine Vision) that are generated on the basis of real images are calculated, artificial recordings. This also applies when two or more recording units are combined. However, every step of calculation can cause an information loss, which means appearances that do not correspond to the real image. This is especially problematic because the viewer usually no longer recognises these appearances as such, which means they remain hidden.
Image 3: fold-out sewer at a glance
RICO has recognised this problem and found a solution that is globally unique - RPP DUO VISION. The proven pan and tilt camera (with 10× optical zoom) delivers an original, real video recording in an excellent quality. And since this kind of recording is not further processed, there is no information loss. If there is no recording of the pan and tilt camera, these video recordings have to be calculated, which can cause flawed appearances.
(III) Through a software-controlled joint can, the pan and tilt camera - supported by the zoom function - automically scans joints, calculates the images, displays the joints next to each other for comparison, measures the gap and displays the measurement result.
Image 4: Detailled display of a fold-out sewer for measurements + inclination evaluation.
Abb. 5: The joints displayed next to each other + the result of the automatic gap measurement.
Transmission of all the functions between control unit and carriage via only one-wire (coaxial cable), i.e:
- Video signal
- Digital control functions for carriage and camera
- Measured digital values as inclination, internal pressure
- Power supply for carriage, camera, and lighting etc.
- Small cable diameter: 6.5 mm (up to 600m length) or 5.2 mm (up to 300m length)
- lightweight cable and therefore:
- long cable length (standard: 250 m, option: 600 m)
- Easily serviced (fitting of new camera cable connector)
- Easily upgradable for future development and applications
- Tension force: > 2000 N
thick / thin cable:
- less strain while deflection makes thin cable more tear-resistant